I know I said I would resume posting regularly again, but I decided to wait for this last appointment of April here and then I could give you a big ‘ole round-up of what’s been going on. It’s tomorrow, so even though I know you are all so desperately waiting on me (heh) I’ll be posting my experiences again soon.
Until then, have this picture. I call it: stop yelling at yourself
The picture is very grainy because I am too impatient to find the best light settings on my iPhone so I just picked one and said fuck it, you can see me, you can see the sky, you can see enough basic details, we’re good.
I will also tell you that I have since henna-ed my hair after that picture was taken and It Is Quite Bright. Also, it is incredibly difficult to do and it smells terrible and I had a headache from the smell of it plus twenty pounds of goop on my head for several hours. And as usual, the same spots I always miss (OR INSANELY don’t seem to take ANY hair color) are still dark blonde. So once this oxidizes I am going to do a small “retouch batch” to fix these spots. And I think next tome I won’t use any lemon juice. Or maybe just a tiny amount. My hair was already very damaged because I dye it a lot, but it feels dry as hell right now. Need to get to some deep conditioning, yo.
Fortunately I never feel better than when I am a redhead so the brightness doesn’t bother me. I just need to get used to the henna process, fine-tune my method for what works best for me.
PS: I think I accidentally splatter-henna-ed some more freckles on my arms. Hahaha! 🙂
In descending order, I give you: Why I’ve Been Gone for Basically a Month.
- Here’s the thing about living in-between mountains. Any and all service is completely unreliable. Cell phone service? Internet? Television? Don’t count on it. Don’t rely on it. Make sure you have other things you can do at all times because you never know if you will have service.
- My point is, for our wonderful mountain valley, the internet went out for everyone in roughly a 20 mile radius. I mean, it’s like the internet was deleted for everyone. You couldn’t get it through cable, satellite… other common methods…People couldn’t even connect to the internet using their 3G/4G/etc. service on their phones. Occasionally you’d hear about someone getting service on their phones and it’d be dial-up-era slow.
- After nearly two weeks, the internet got fixed. I don’t know how, I don’t even understand how it was gone, but it was fixed. Well, this outage fell during our pay the bills time and since we didn’t actually have internet, my mother was not reminded to pay the bill. (And we were kiiind of behind on that to begin with.) So when it came back, we hadn’t paid, and we still didn’t have internet.
- My phone doesn’t actually have a data plan. I’ve never been able to use my phone for internets unless there was wifi available for me.
- Lastly, by the time our internet was reinstated, I’d fallen out of habit of blogging. I’d sit in bed and think huh, I could be blogging right now, but I wouldn’t get up and do it because once I break a habit, it is incredibly hard to get back into the swing of things.
Here’s a screenshot of my phone right now. I’m sitting in my room and it says I don’t have cell service. There’s no reason for this! I don’t have a dead spot in my room, I normally have full range in my apartment. Mountains just suck.
Regular posts to begin again. I promise. Well, I promise I’ll try.